Welcome to "Red Pepper" Blogger

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Removing Properties Menu on "My Computer"

"My Computer" context menu (will be appear when we pushed right click of "My Computer"), by default, will shown properties menu. As we known, in the properties menu of "My Computer", there are some important setting for computer. I will tell you how to make the properties menu disappear from "My Computer" context menu. These are the instruction you can do:

Open Registry Editor by click (Start > Run), then type regedit. Find the following key on your registry editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>Explorer

Then create new DWORD Value on the key. Then give the value name by NoPropertiesMyComputer. Double click the value, and set the data value by 1. Close the registry editor. Logout from your account or restart your PC to take the effect. Now when you log in again, there isn't properties on "My Computer" Context Menu.

Hope this could help you!!!

No comments: