Welcome to "Red Pepper" Blogger

Friday, October 26, 2007

Tweaking your windows settings

I hope these are a list of programs to help you mess around with you registry settings. Before you do anything remember these programs could really mess up your system and I don't want you complaining to me if you do. These programs are

1. For advanced users
2. People that know how to get themselves out of trouble when they do get themselves in trouble.

There is my disclaimer before you try any of these programs, so don't complain to me, because your pleas will fall on deaf ears.  I'll try to help you if you screwed things up, but don't send me a bill. Now I'm not sure if I should even include this section...ahh what the heck, mayhem can be fun and it makes you grow as a person.

Fresh UI
This has lots of basic hacks that will make your system run a little more like you want it too. It's what I consider it a "safe" program. Has lots of things that you can change, you shouldn't get into trouble using this program. Lots of changes you can make to your system and you really don't have to worry about destroying your computer with it...it's also a freeware download, so no harm in downloading it and giving it a try.

Tweak UI
This is part of the Power Toys Microsoft puts out but doesn't really support. Basically Microsoft is saying, "Here's this program, it's cool, can do lots of stuff, but if you screw up don't come crying to us". There are two versions of this program, one for Win XP and one for Win 98, 95, ME...Download the right one.

These are the two programs I've tried, if you have any that you like just drop me an email and I'll check it out. I'll be writing registry hacks for this site where you go directly into regedit and do the changes yourself...but it's late tonight while I write this and I'll continue and add more as this website gets a little bit older and gets more visitors.

No comments: